Snowsuit into Coat – Alteration

I have just finished work on some alterations – after I had a request to transform a Little Green Radicals Snowsuit (18-24 months) into a more practical and wearable coat.

It was a bit scary chopping off the leg section but I added a hem band and was able to use the existing poppers to fasten. I stitched some velcro to the outer corner to hold everything in place. Here is the result…

With the offcuts I created a pair of matching mittens (on a jersey string) and a cute hair scrunchie (I ran out of fabric so added a sequin lace ribbon from my stash).

I enjoyed the challenge of making the alterations – and I’m pleased with the final outcome. Of course it helps that the fabric was so lovely in the first place!Β Β πŸŒΈπŸ’•πŸŽ€

SaveSave

%d bloggers like this: