I have been working hard the last couple of days – sewing up this World War II costume – complete with hair bows and beret!
I used a pattern I already had in my stash and adapted it. I made my own fabric covered buttons and stitched the belt on the front – and left it to tie at the back.
I had an argument with my invisible zipper foot – but I got there in the end! I found a random Peter Pan collar template and printed it at 120% – it was a bit of a guess really – but it worked out pretty much the right size. This was my first time sewing a Peter Pan collar but I’m happy with the results… so I’m sure I’ll be sewing more soon.
I made the beret at the last minute and feared it would take a long time – but the whole thing came together very quickly. I didn’t have enough jersey but the suiting I had was exactly the right shade of green – so it worked well with just the stretchy jersey band to fit.
All in all I’m happy with the results – phew!