I’ve been so busy with Christmas orders at Dotty Owl but I had to take a little time aside to make a 1970s outfit – required for a Christmas Show!
I sewed up some flared trousers using suiting fabric and a jumper to match from authentic 1970’s fabric… Read more and see lots of pictures here…
I have just finished work on some alterations – after I had a request to transform a Little Green Radicals Snowsuit (18-24 months) into a more practical and wearable coat. Click here to see more about how I got on and the extras I sewed with the offcuts!
Last week I finally sewed up my first Rosie Dress by Sew Over It – I have had this pattern for a while and was excited to make my version. I had to make some adjustments but I’m pleased that all the hard work has paid off… It’s 1950’s style and vintage… more information and pictures here…
I have been really busy at Dotty Owl these past few weeks – but I was so pleased with how this dress hack turned out (made in the summer) I couldn’t resist adding it to Dotty Owl. It combines a skirt section from an Oliver Bonas dress with a bodice that I created from the Megan Dress by Tilly & the Buttons. The result is this lovely dress for a friend. More information and pictures can be found here.
Hooray for another Pleated Zippered Pouch! – I love this fabric soooo much! This was another end of term teacher gift… I couldn’t resist adding a Swarovski heart button for extra sparkle!
I hope you like it. More information (and previous versions) here.
I sewed these cushions for end of term teacher gifts. They can be personalised with children’s special artwork – or anything else you would like added! The other cushion shown here was a gift and I added the photograph of the sheep to the heart.
Click here for more pictures and information!
This week I have been sewing orders for Superhero Capes and Masks. But I took a couple of evenings out to make 2 versions of the Sew Over it Eve Dress. The first is ‘posher’ with a long dipped hem, the second is more school run friendly! The fabric was so lovely I couldn’t resist! More pictures and information here.
I have spent the last couple of days making a World War II costume! I used several different pattern as well as adding some details myself. I’m pleased with the results – I was surprised that I was able to order a pattern, cut and sew a beret in 30 minutes! More pictures and information here.